Mara Predator Photographic Survey Special
9 days from £3995*
'In 20 years if nothing is done, there will be no Lions left in Kenya' Neils Morgensen, Mara Predator Conservation Program.
Mara Predator Conservation Programme - Fundraising Photography & Survey Special
Niels Mogensen, Senior Programme Scientist at the Mara Predator Conservation Programme, and award-winning natural history photographer and film maker Trai Anfield invite you to join them on a truly unique wildlife photography safari and survey experience, focussing on the two most iconic predators of Kenya’s Maasai Mara: lion and cheetah. Leopard will also be likely, alongside the prey species that make up this complex ecosystem. Should African wild dog / painted wolf be in the vicinity during our stay we will prioritise this species too.
- Exclusive opportunity for in-depth study of the Maasai Mara’s top predators.
- Directly support conservation: cost includes a $1000 donation to the Mara Predator Conservation Programme & the option to donate images from your safari to the survey
- In addition to the three big cat species, should wild dogs be found in the area during the trip
- We will prioritise them too, though this cannot be guaranteed.
- Specialist predator photography workshops with Trai Anfield
- Small group - max 6 photographers & max 3 photographers per vehicle
- Expert insights on each species, pride and individual you encounter with Niels Mogensen: understand pride dynamics, predator behaviour and human-predator conflictsUnique chance to take part in the Mara Predator Conservation Programme bi-annual predator survey
- All game drives within Mara private conservancies, allowing for off road access to predators and night time hunting photography shoots
- Stay in Trai and Niels’s favourite luxury camps: Alex Walker’s Serian in Mara North Conservancy & Asilia’s Encounter Mara in Naboisho Conservancy
- Community day - experience genuine Maasai culture and hospitality and the context in which the Mara predators exist
This is a Private Tour
Flight Wilson to Mara North. Afternoon safari (max 3 pax per jeep) focused on big cats. Dinner and predator photo ID session with Neils Morgenson
Early morning safari (packed breakfast) followed by lunch and afternoon photo clinic with Trai Anfield. Afternoon and night time safaris (including bush dinner) in the Mara North conservancy.
Morning safari followed by lunch and afternoon photo clinic with Trai Anfield. Afternoon safari; followed by night time drive and photo ID session with Neils.
Early morning safari (packed breakfast) followed by lunch and check out of the camp. Afternoon visit to Elephant Project and check into Maa Trust Guest House
Visit the Mara Predator Conservation Program and see how our photos and identification of the predators is converted into maps and data. We also explore the various community projects under the Maa Trust.
Early morning safari (with packed breakfast) in the Naboisho conservancy. Late afternoon and night time predator safaris with photo ID with Neils.
Early morning safari (with packed breakfast) in the Naboisho conservancy, followed by afternoon photo clinic with Trai. Late afternoon and night time predator safaris with dinner in the bush.
Early morning safari (with packed breakfast) in the Naboisho conservancy, followed by afternoon photo clinic with Trai. Late afternoon and night time predator safaris with photo ID with Neils.
Final early morning safari (with packed breakfast) followed by a flight from Naboisho to Wilson. Final transfer to airport or hotel of your choice (cost not included).
Cost £3995 per person based on two people sharing a room. Cost does not include international flights, but we can quote on request.
Fully inclusive at the wildlife lodges, apart from premium drinks!
Maximum group size of 6, with only 3 clients per vehicle.
Single room supplement of only £200 per person (5%)
Pssst… pass it on
If you like what we do, tell someone! Spread the word and you'll also be entered into our monthly prize draw.
* Based on 2 persons and not including flights